f

Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday Morning Inspiration

Lots of finallys today! Mr. Berkley is finally conehead free. He's happy, I'm happy. He has also finished up all the medication that I had to give him for various reasons, and has gotten a clean bill of health. Makes me VERY happy :) We are having a lovely rain shower here in Chicago. Everything is so very dry. The temperature has finally gotten below 80 million degrees, and the air conditioner has finally been turned off. I'm so grateful for air conditioning, but I love when I can turn it off and enjoy fresh air. 

We attended a wedding this past weekend. The bride was lovely. It was hard for me to look at her and not remember her as a child. She was visiting with us one weekend when she was maybe 5, my husband was sick. I couldn't find her, came in our room and found her on the bed next to Carl, sitting on her knees, just as happy as she could be, not the least bit intimidated, talking away. 
On another occasion,  her dad had left she and her brothers with me while he ran an errand. I asked them if they would like a soft drink. "Sure!" When their dad returned, he saw the empty drinks and said, "you gave my kids that soda?!!" I didn't know what to say. His daughter did not skip a beat. She said, "no, no, we're just helping her pick up the bottles." He knew good and well that I had given them the drinks, but her response was so quick, and so thoughtful, how could he be angry? He and I have laughed about that moment many times :)
I can remember her dad worrying about every aspect of her life, getting her into the right school, the right university, the right guy. The finallys of their lives arrived, she finished #1 from dental school, and she married the right guy. 


I came across some interesting pocket designs and thought you might enjoy seeing them

This pocket detail is a tutorial from Threads. You can find the tutorial HERE.


This is another version in a different shape. Love the addition of the tab closure. 


This is a fabulous pocket detail! Not so sure of how well it will hold anything, but it looks great :)


Another fun little pocket. Just a twist on a welt pocket.


I couldn't find where this picture came from, but how pretty! This is most likely on the inside of a garment, but it is pretty enough to be a fabulous detail on the outside of the garment.


This is a leather garment, but it would work with a woven. Basically gives a double pocket.


I don't particularly care for the square pocket, but I thought the idea of giving interest from the shoulder down into the pocket was interesting.


This pocket has me stumped just a bit, but I love it. I think the jacket was sewn together, and then the opening for the pocket was done. Beautifully executed.


Hope that's given you a few ideas, maybe 1 or 2 to save :)

I've thought a bit about finally. I know I'm guilty of saying, "when this is finally over," or, "when we finally get to this point..." I've received a few text messages from my friend, I can hear the longing in the words, finally came all too fast. I'm learning, but it has taken almost a lifetime, to just enjoy the moment and not wish for finally.

Have a wonderful week. 
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Those pockets are definitely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your Monday Morning Inspiration posts Rhonda - thank you very much.
    While I know you have loads of inspiration, could you possibly cover something that uses selvedge edges?I hate to waste fabric and sometimes the selvedge can be as interesting (if not more so) than the actual fabric.
    Your MMI posts quite often take me a month or two to process and actualise into real garments but they give me lots to think about on the way to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pockets, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete