f

Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday Morning Inspiration/Embellishment, Creativity and Design

Happy Monday!!!
I thought I would begin the week with a lovely picture. A few weeks ago, my husband and I had walked to a restaurant in our neighborhood to have dinner. On our way home, we encountered this dog sleeping blissfully on his front porch. Talk about the epitome of peace and tranquility. 


Just about a month ago, I did a Monday Morning Inspiration post on embellishment. I included the picture below and asked if anyone knew who created this magnificent piece. Elina sent a note and said that it belongs to an incredible Russian designer/seamstress by the name of Anastasia Shtubina. Elina also included links to Anastasia's blog and Instagram page. 


As I scrolled through Anastasia's work, I was blown away by her creativity and attention to detail. 

The coat below is such a lovely mix of fabrics and trims. She even added the embroidery detail to the cuffs. So amazing!


I love how she added the lace detail to this jacket, and even carried it into the inside neckline. 


Here she embroidered the flower detail on to the jacket. Her attention to detail even travels to the inside of the jacket with the finished seams.


Below, she took the same iris detail that she used on the coat, but did it in color and transformed a basic t-shirt into a truly couture piece. 


Talk about over the top gorgeous!!! The detail on this sheath is simply breathtaking.


The lace trim along the hem of this top is lovely, but the added smocking on the sleeves makes it fresh and fun.


I am beyond inspired! 
Be sure to take a look at Anastasia's Instagram page, and follow her as well. There are so many lovely pieces there...so many. Her work is a prime example of what can be happen when we slow down a bit, and rather than just sew up a garment, we take the time to create.You can find Anastais's blog HERE.  

Have a wonderfully creative week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She is such an inspiration :) Wish she lived a little closer to Chicago!

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Gotta make a tee shirt like that, and I LOVE those sleeves at the bottom. How do you even DO that!? You gotta show us, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely?! The sleeve is smocked.I will give it a try and see if I can figure it out. I have an idea ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I just followed her. What amazing inspiration! So many lovely ideas and now my head is buzzing with ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,Rhonda.I'm inspired! Those smocked sleeves are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is about the most inspired sewing I have seen in quite a while. It certainly speaks to me, or should I say shouts? Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely garments, thanks for sharing this information. I so agree that we tend to at times to rush and sew garments, instead of giving extra time to truly create a lovely garment. These were lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a beautiful inspiration. And the inside of that fuchsia jacket - perfection. Such a reminder how the finishing touches can make or break a project. Thanks so much for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete