f

Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Oscar de la Renta Resort 2018

This is my week to turn the television off :/ A little daunting, at least for me. I like television! I enjoy turning the television on in the morning to catch the latest news, and again in the evening as I prepare dinner. I'm very bad about turning the television on when I lie down for the night, a little news, maybe an old comedy show. But, not this week. I can get my weather on the phone, and if I need to relax a bit before I go to sleep, I have a book to read. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I received an email from Vogue about the new resort collections for 2018. Sadly, I wasn't overly impressed. Although, a  few pieces from the Oscar de la Renta collection did catch my eye. 

Loved this fun manipulation of stripes with the large piped neckline.


I have not jumped on the cold shoulder band wagon. Not that I think it's bad. For some reason, it just hasn't appealed to me...until now. I absolutely love the detail on this open shouldered top.


The entire collection is based on a very tropical theme. The little leaf top is cute, but it was the pant with the half draped skirt that caught my eye. This I have to do! I think this would be so nice in silk.


I included this picture just because I like how they took the palm leaf theme on to the coat.


More black and white. I love the lacing detail that runs up the sleeve, over the shoulder and down the side seam of the top.


Once again, I included this picture as I love how the palm leaf was used in the dress. I'm sure the fabric was laser cut and then placed on the tulle. What a fun dress that would be to wear!



So simple, but I really like the big, bold, beaded cord.


Another beaded cord. I like how it was used to hold up the dress, just not a fan of the color.


The piece below is from the Reem Acra 2018 resort collection. While the top is not for everyone, I love the flounce.


Hope a little something caught your eye!

Have a wonderful week. I'm hoping for some interesting revelations during my no television week. Might be interesting!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Lots of eye candy, fun to see. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I get my news from my local NPR station--much calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I think a total break is going to do my soul some good 😊

      Delete