f

Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Princess Beatrice

I just couldn't let another Monday go by without a fun inspiration post.

When Kate Middleton married Prince William, I think most all of us remember the hat that Princess Beatice of York wore to the wedding. Whether you liked it or not, it was quite the sensation, and it still grabs our attention, or at least mine :)    


I decided to take a look at some of her other fashion choices, and I was so pleased to find a young woman who really has a lovely sense of style, and isn't afraid to take a risk. 

I absolutely love this jacket and how it was styled with the black and white pumps, orange skirt, and the light orange wool felt orange hat.  


Such a simple, and yet sophisticated look. The tuxedo style jacket is rather boxy, but softened by the fullness of the skirt, and the tie belt.


A white dress can be difficult to pull off, especially one that is adorned with 3-dimensional flowers. But pairing it with the lavender sandals makes it less of a wedding look.
    

The soft puffed sleeves and the loose tie around the neckline are offset with the gathered cummerbund and pleated skirt.


I love a coat that pops! Believe it or not, this one is from Burberry.


I think this is a great summer look, a white skirt paired with a 3/4 length sleeved baseball jacket.


The hat is not my favorite, but I do love the skirt! This could easily be achieved with an African wax print.


An idea...maybe. If you find your sleeves a little too short, add a pop of color and pull it all together with your shoes.


Hope you found a little inspiration:)

If nothing more, don't be afraid to take a risk. It may not always work out, but when it does, it can be fabulous!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. I really like her style too! She gets picked on by the British press, but she's far more interesting style-wise than the Duchess of Cambridge (Catherine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see these photos. Most I hadn't seen before. She really is quite stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love a red head, and even more, one that takes chances 😊

      Delete
  3. LOVE Lewis's quote you shared! How true!! Okay, those Brits are so crazy with those hats...it tickles me so to see them! I guess we Americans girls are just crazy all the time, but those hats...oh my! They give construction a whole new meaning!! Speaking of construction, I'm trying to finish a handbag for my cousin (it's only taken me a year...)...it was inspired by a Yoko Saito bag that quickly turned into an "in shape only" bag because everything about it had to be adjusted: the gusset, the embroidered artwork (which I had to do twice because I wasn't happy with it the first time)...did I mention this is the first time I've done a full-size handbag? I used to design small purses/pouches, but this is my first big one. I sure have learned a lot, but I wish all of you lived next-door so I could pop over and say, "Okay, how do I do this part?" It's always easier when someone can show you the way! Fingers crossed it'll be done before Christmas!! Happy Monday, everyone. And thanks for sharing those pix, Rhonda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, a cul de sac of sewists, now that would be a "real housewives" program that I would actually enjoy! Good luck with your bag. Wheatger you finish it or not by Christmas, just enjoynthe process. It's truly a labor of love ❤️️

      Delete
  4. Great inspiration! I really like the idea of the black, white and orange ensemble but I find the jacket too long. A little shorter would have added length to the skirt and looked more fun and flattering, IMO. The baseball/white skirt outfit is so awesome and very wearable by any of us. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added that she is not afraid to be seen in pieces more than once. I saw other pictures where the jacket was paired with a dress. The length of the jacket probably worked better with the dress as it had a straight skirt.
      I'm adopting that white skirt and baseball jacket look for next spring 😊

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love the white/black/orange look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its the hats that offend the fashionista. The wedding coat is gorgeous - especially the neck treatment, but that hat makes her look like a telly tubby? oops does that comment make me a fashionista?!

    ReplyDelete