f

Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Happy Monday Everyone!! I hope that you had a lovely weekend :)
Lately, I have been so taken with adding a pop of color to a black and white silhouette. Actually, I'm infatuated with black and white in general. As I've looked around, I've come up with some ideas that I think are well worth sharing and might give you some ideas for adding a little spark to your spring/summer wardrobe, like lining a black skirt with a vibrant color as below.    
 I wouldn't put a knitted collar around my neck in the summer, but I do love this dress.
  Wax prints are just so wonderful. 
 They seem to callout for a mix of black and white.

Now it just wouldn't be Monday...at least of late if I didn't include a black and white gingham print,
 or two!
I thought this was especially fun!
The following pieces do not have a pop of color, but I loved the style ideas and thought you might as well.

For myself, I would tame this skirt down a bit as far as the length goes, but I love the mix of patterns. 
 
 
 Adding a lace panel down the side of the dress is lovely.
This picture is from a promotion for the movie Maleficent. The birds reminded me of a stencil that Diane Erickson designed.
You can find the stencil here, http://www.dianeericson.com/store/
Hope that gave you some ideas on how to add a little new spark to your wardrobe.
Wishing you the brightest of weeks!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

21 comments:

  1. Oh my love them all. Wow, what beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I think I'm itching to do some painting. I may give the stencil a try.

      Delete
  2. The red lining on the first one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first pic. So much of joy in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only is it a great dress, but the staging is perfect too.

      Delete
  4. Rhonda, if you're into wax, then you need to take a look at these:
    http://v-inspired.vlisco.com/articles/
    http://v-inspired.vlisco.com/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a great site. Lots of info too!

      Delete
  5. I loved at least half of these garments - sculptural design features, assurance about colour and a bit of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHH! I fell in love the first dress!! I would love to be invited to any event to have the excuse that sewing that dress!! kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dress seems to be the over all favorite. It really is quite lovely.

      Delete
  7. Love them all but especially the black and white with the flounce down the front. Have been looking for a pattern or design with which to make a dress from fabric I purchased in Paris last November, and I just might copy or modify/copy that design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, I have been lining skirts and jackets with a pop of color for years. It is so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to go to work in dress number 1! I too have been taken recently with black and white and I'm experimenting a bit as black is a colour I've always shied away from. Thanks for these inspirational images they certainly make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, the shapes really dazzle.

    So, what are you sewing for summer?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved the graphic pow of black and white. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These posts are a little deadly for me. I was looking at cartoon fabric yesterday. I really want that skirt, or at least something like it, and I've ordered the raven stencil. Oh well, a little creativity is good for the soul :)

      Delete
  12. I'm definitely inspired this Sunday morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the black and white with yellow! It's my favorite combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally in love with african prints. I love the black & white with them too. SO bold! I also love that you saw the Diane Ericson connection on birds. I have her airplane stencil and need to get busy on it. Did you see her spread in the Vogue Patterns magazine? So awesome!

    ReplyDelete