f

Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to the first full week of 2014! Have you actually written 2014 yet? I can remember when I was in school and would return after the Christmas break, it took me forever to remember to write the correct year on the top of my papers. Since everything is done on a computer these days, I would imagine that this is not even a thought for most kids. Oh well, just call me a stone age leftover ;) Well, maybe when it comes to computers, but not to fashion!!
Have you heard of Antonio Marras? I had not, but I am in love with his Spring 2014 collection. It's graphic and yet it has such an incredible flow. I just love the shapes as well as the color combinations and the artwork, I really love the artwork. Click on the link above and you will find his website where you will also find fashion show videos. I think that you will really enjoy what you'll find. Truly an incredible talent.













We may not want to copy the pieces exactly, but I think the collection is quite inspirational. If you would like to see the entire collection, you can find it here, http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2014RTW-AMARRAS/, just click on "see the slide show."
Happy 2014!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

11 comments:

  1. The collection has such a beautiful, lyrical quality to it. I completely agree with you Rhonda, it's very inspirational--and the fabrics are exceptional too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would live to get my hands on some of that fabric!

      Delete
  2. hello Rhonda! I know Marras very well, an italian fashion designer who worked several years for Kenzo. His collections are always an inspiration for me. I love his philosophy very linked to his roots, He comes from Sardinia, and instead to work in Milan, like many designers do, his work studio is based there, very close to masters in handmade craftmanship. If you take a glance to kenzo collections too between 2003-2011, there are a lot of masterpieces too. Big hug rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Esther. I will look up the Kenzo collections and take a look.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I always think of you whenever I showcase a designer :) I always enjoy your interpretation!

      Delete
  4. Great inspiration! I love all the graphics being used now, clearly a result of our digital age. These do flow beautifully.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Monday Morning Inspiration is the best ever!!! I started to scroll through them, then had to stop dead in my tracks!!! And I keep going back to look at them over and over. They are beautiful and the prints take them to a whole new level. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with this designer. I'm doing a little research on him and I'll post more next Monday. The only bad thing is, I want some of his fabric!!!

      Delete
  6. I do want that fabric! I've always like the bold graphic, Japanese look. wonder if you could do something similar with screen printing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to take a trip to Italy and see if I can beg, borrow or steal!!! Maybe there are some scraps in the trash.

      Delete