f

Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday Morning Inspiration/Layering

A friend of mine and I were recently talking about how neither of us could live in a climate where we don't experience winter, as we love having the opportunity of wearing layers of clothing. 

Now, I did not grow up in a cold climate. I'm from the Gulf coast area in Texas where a cold day is 40 degrees. I'll never forget when a colleague of my husband's came from Miami to Chicago. Poor thing, it was his first visit to Chicago, and I don't know if he ever came back. It wasn't winter, fall actually, maybe 45 degrees out. As he walked to the car from the restaurant, he exclaimed, "I can't feel my ears!!!" Trust me, I have had my days of thinking I was going to freeze to death, but I have learned to layer, and I now love it.

Now, you can layer without living in a super cold climate, and make it a great fashion statement. I came across the picture below on Pinterest, and I loved it! Basically, an apron that doesn't look like an apron!       


So, I kept looking around, and found more ideas that I loved. How about taking a super feminine pleated skirt and pairing it with a sleek piece?


I love this idea too. An asymmetrical skirt paired with a full skirt. So pretty and swishy :)


Here again, a little pleated skirt paired with a men's inspired over skirt. A great idea for using an old suit jacket.


Similar to the first piece, basically an apron type of an overskirt paired with a shirtdress. 


This piece is just a rectangle, wrapped and tied around the waist. What a great way to add a little something to a t-shirt dress.


Here again, another rectangle wrapped around the waist. I have a beautiful vintage kimono that I am going to do this with. I think it will be gorgeous!


While surfing around Pinterest, I came across this piece by Beautejadore. It gives the look of a piece that has been wrapped at the waist, but it's a tunic. You could easily pair it with a skirt, or pants. And better yet, it's a pattern, and you can find it HERE


Before I go, I wanted to share the post that Samina of seweverythingblog.wordpress.com did. Tory Birch has done a beautiful collection inspired by vintage handkerchiefs. I LOVE it!!! You can see Samina's full post HERE. Love the handkerchief detail on the little bag. 

  
Hope your week is off to a great start!
 Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post I have vintage handkerchiefs I might try one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Rhonda you never disappoint my fashion appetite ... FIESTA ;)

    ReplyDelete