f

Monday, May 13, 2019

Monday Morning Inspiration/Dior Whimsy

Has there ever been something in your life that you've hoped for over a very long period of time? Something that you could not possibly see how it could ever come to pass, but still, you hoped? I have :), and with the addition of the little sideways happy face, you can see that it has happened. I've waited 30 years, 30 YEARS!!! At this point, this miracle is still in its infancy, so I am guarding it, but it is wonderful nonetheless! 

I'm sharing this because I'm sure that there are those who may happen upon this post who have hoped, waited, and have given up. Don't give up! Some may say, "I hoped, and I waited until there was no longer hope to be had." I have also hoped for healing, and yet, healing did not come, the miracle did not happen, and I lost someone who was so very special. In moments like this, it can be easy to say that hope is just not worth the effort. But...when the miracle does happen, it's so worth all the moments of longing.

Today is the last post of my trip to the Dior exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. If by chance you are anywhere near Dallas, by all means, see the exhibit!!! It will be open until September 1st, so plenty of time. I am planning a trip to Houston some time this summer, and I think I am going to try and get up to Dallas to see it once more. It was just that impressive!   

With this post, I thought I would focus on the pieces that I found to be whimsical.

I found this piece to be rather sweet. When I attended the exhibit, I overheard others making remarks of dislike. 


I can see someone in the 1950s throwing a holiday party and wearing this dress. Absolute fun!


I absolutely love this gown!


I did my best to get an up close shot of the gloves. Appliqueing the gloves onto a bias cut dress, a feat unto itself! 


Every bit of this gown is just so beautiful, the draped neckline and the long row of buttons that run along the side seam.


Isn't this fun?!! Not for everyone, but fun nonetheless.


In the picture below, you can see the muslin that was done for this dress. Even in the muslin form, attention was paid to the placement of the ribbon.


The statement on the t-shirt, the masculinity of the jacket, and then the femininity of the skirt. Statement dressing  for sure! :) 


Something I found rather interesting is that there are only 2 buttonholes, and yet 3 buttons. Hmmm, did they forget? Was it intentional? Absolutely love the cut of the jacket!


There were 2 walls of framed scarves. Each a work of art.


Such a fun coat! Look closely and you'll see that more than 1 type of fur was used to create this piece.


I'm not sure if the ribbon was applied to this fabric, or printed with the ribbon. Regardless, I love how they manipulated it.


There is so much going on in this piece that it could be easy to miss some of the details. Take note of the sleeves. Love the wrapped cording detail.


This was the best picture that I could get of the front of the dress. It would be interesting to know if someone actually wore the piece with the necklace! 


And finally, I thought I would include a sketch. I always enjoy looking at sketches. This one was done by Marc Bohan for the 1986 fall/winter collection.


I hope you have enjoyed this virtual tour. It was by far one of the most amazing exhibits that I have ever seen. I feel so fortunate to have had the chance to attend.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. I would happily wear the ivy dress. And love the yellow and black one too...

    BTW, Dior, Rhonda, did you know about this series, The collection? :)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B01IAH2E12

    ReplyDelete