f

Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Morning Inspiration/Dior Color

Chicago never ceases to amaze me! Last Saturday, we had anywhere from 2" to 5" of snow. And, it wasn't lovely, fluffy snow, it was heavy, wet, ugly snow. I taught a class on collar drafting last Saturday, and since the venue was close to my mother's house, I went out and had dinner with her. By the time I was ready to leave and go home, the roads were just too bad. But, in the end, my mother was happy to have me for the night. Once again, there's always a silver lining :) I don't think Berkley would agree :/ He sleeps by my shoulders every night. I had left some of my skirts in a chair across from our bed. My husband said that rather than get in the bed and sleep next to him, he nestled into my skirts, and that is where he spent the night. So precious :)       

This week I thought I would focus on the color that was in the Dior exhibit. Wow, was there ever some glorious color to see!!! 

I especially loved this coat. So simple in design. 


The only detail is this fabulous, thick tie. Look closely to see how it comes out of the seam. Just superb workmanship. but then, that's why we love Dior!


Such a lovely dress. Take note of the fitted dolman sleeve. It's actually a 2-piece sleeve, and fits the arm beautifully.


Another beauty. The movement of this dress is like poetry.


Each section drapes perfectly.


I thought this gown was rather fun.


Sadly, I just couldn't get the right angle to capture the back of the dress, but it was all held together with straps that were almost as thin as thread.


What a fun dress this would be to wear! The drape and the choice of fabric work so beautifully together.


This was one amazing gown!


I saw the exhibit was 2 friends. We all commented on how although there was so much to the dress, it all just seemed to be perfect.


I thought this coat was rather interesting.


I loved how they worked the sequins into the mohair and used the silk ribbon. I would not have thought of putting all of this together, but it works!


The gown that is in the foreground, amazing, a symphony of color. The only piece in the entire collection that I really did not like was the pink dress in the background. In the picture, I find the shape to be interesting. But, in person, it was made of a mohair fabric, and did not look the least bit inviting to wear.


And finally,I thought these 2 gowns were absolutely breathtaking.    


I have 1 final group of pictures to share. I think it will be fun as they are all so whimsical.

Wherever you may be this week, I hope the weather gods are good to you. And too, I wish that you know love, that special kind of love that warms your heart, and lets you know that you are wanted :)
As always, thanks so much for dropping by. 
 Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodnesss!!!!!!! What a treat! Thanks you, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, but I liked the one best that you disliked! It looks like a poppy bloom getting ready to appear! They are hairy so mohair was apropos, but another choice would be easier to wear.
    Best wishes for good luck on your recovery; been worried for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Susan, I am doing well. Only 1 more week in the brace. I think you nailed it on the head with the poppy dress. In person, the fabric made me itch!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The exhibit moves to Dallas this summer and I'm hoping to see it for myself. I'm glad you didn't test those treacherous roads. You've had enough physical challenges already this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wanted to come home, but it was the wise choice to stay put. I hope you do get to see the exhibit. Plan to spend sometime as it is quite large.

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Thanks for sharing Rhonda ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete