f

Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was spent cleaning and clearing out. We had our neighborhood garage sale yesterday. Thankfully, the clouds parted and for the most part, we had a lovely day. 

Nothing I sold was of any great relevance. The only thing that had a little sentimental attachment was an antique iron bed that I purchased when I had my first apartment. I sanded it down, painted it, and enjoyed it for many years. A number of my exchange students also slept in the bed. But, it had been in the basement for a number of years, so it was time to let it go. Maybe even past time. 

I also spent a good bit of time in my closet. More thoughts on that tomorrow :)

Last October, I introduced many of you to Maria Pinto, a Chicago designer. I just love her work, and I've realized why, she too loves geometric shapes. I am hoping to have her on Sewbussted's Material Witness. She is really quite inspiring and I know you would all enjoy hearing more of her story.  

Although spring has not completely arrived here in Chicago, I thought I would take a look at some of her new things for spring/summer.      

She has a brand new line of pieces done in denim, along with matching skinny jeans. The jeans have a center back zipper as well as ankle zippers. You can see more of the pieces HERE.  



This little skirt is nothing more than a rectangle that has been draped around the body and a zipper added at center back. Fun and great for an easy summer skirt.
  

This little dress is just a circle. What a fun little cocktail dress for the summer. A friend of ours will be celebrating a big birthday this summer and I think this will be the perfect piece.  


I love the asymmetrical aspect of this dress.


Another fun little summer skirt that began life as a rectangle.


What a beautiful twist on a racer back. 


Another little rectangle skirt paired with a boat neck top. 


This is a boat neck done to perfection. Most boat neck styles are done so that the front rides up on the neck. Note how this has been drafted. The front has been lowered, and the back raised, so the back comes forward on the armhole. Love this! Makes for a much prettier neckline.


We looked at a number of fun striped pieces last week. I really like the movement of the stripes in this dress.


The last 2 pieces I've included because of the sleeves. In the October post, we looked at another great sleeve which I've included below.
 

The sleeves below are a bit of a twist on a lantern sleeve, but done with pleats. 


I especially like this sleeve.


You can take a look at all of Maria Pinto's garments HERE. If you are ever in Chicago, I would add a trip to her shop on my things to see list. It's downtown, easy to get to, and I know you would love seeing her pieces. She likes to use special fabrics that are manufactured in Italy. They are high-tech, machine washable, and wrinkle resistant, so they travel beautifully. Now if only we can get her to sell some of her fabrics!!!

Have a wonderful day! The sun is shining here, so I can't wait to get out and enjoy a little of the light that's so good for the soul.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and unique garments. Simple yet appealing--and the best part, wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these -especially the boat neck . I'd like to try hers as I get tired of the neck riding up the front 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of the striped garments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love every piece! The sleeves on the green top are so cool and I love the modified boat neck. I wish I lived close enough to visit her store. So glad the internet makes it possible to still enjoy!

    ReplyDelete