f

Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Athleisure Wear

Good Morning! 
After a trying few days, I am happy to say that Miss Little Bit is still with us. Once again, she has rallied. Amazing little dog. Of course, I know the time is approaching, and quickly, but I am grateful to have her for just a little longer. My sincerest thanks to all of you who sent messages. I am so touched to have so many who care. It is truly a blessing :)

Today is labor Day here in the U.S. A day to take some time and relax. It is also the official last day of summer. If you've read the blog for some time, you know that I absolutely LOVE fall. I love the colors, the crisp mornings, the first fire in the fireplace, leaves crunching under my feet. And I also love needing to throw on a jacket when I head out the door. So with the changing of the weather, I thought we would take a look at some fun pieces that are easy to wear, but have some style.

What I love about this jacket are the great pockets. 
   

I had no idea that Stella McCartney was designing for Addias. Good move on the part of Addias. Absolutely love this jacket. Such a great transitional piece with the mesh insets.


Also from the Stella McCartney line for Addias. I love these tops for when it begins to get cold enough for sleeves, but not quite cold enough for a jacket for my morning workouts. Has a hood too just in case your ears get cold :)


Once again, Stella McCartney. I really like the flat front of the jacket and the kind of a funnel neckline with the hood.


This cape is from Nike. I wouldn't wear a cape while I'm walking or running, but it's a great piece to throw on after a workout.


We all know Lululemon! Love how feminine the jacket is and how they were able to incorporate their logo into the design.


With this jacket, the logo design was accented with a twist on the stripes.


Again, a very feminine design from Lululemon. Take note of how the ruffles actually accent the waist and make it look smaller. 


 Really like the accent of the cable knit.


Now this ensemble is just fun. It's from Burberry. Truly a "wear just about anywhere" outfit.


Not sure who the maker is of these pants, but I just have to make myself a pair. Love the style lines.



Maybe a little crazy, but I love this bag!! What a simple and yet easy bag to throw things into if you are off to the gym. 


So I thought I would pull out a few patterns that I really like, in case you are a little intimidated with trying to rework a pattern.

I really like the style lines on the tights. This is McCall's 7261. The pattern includes a great hoodie too.   


Love this jacket. Also from McCall's, pattern number 7446.


New from McCall's, 7482. Love the pants and the jacket.


This is from Kwick Sew, pattern number 4113. The skirt is actually a skort, so it could easily be converted to tights with a skirt for cooler days.


For those of you who live in warmer climates, or for a top to wear under a jacket during the transition of the season, I really like this Kwick Sew Pattern.


I hope I've enticed you to ramp up your athleisure  wardrobe!

Whether you are in the U.S.or not, I hope you find a little time today to relax and enjoy your day :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. The good news of Little Bit brought a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :) I don't think we have a lot of time left, so each day is precious.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the activewear patterns and fashion that has been coming out lately. It is so much nicer than the terrible matching tracksuits (although Lisette's latest pattern leans that way). Thanks for the overview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad that I didn't mention that all the patterns I shared are on sale today for $1.99. I actually ordered 3 of the 5! Now I can't wait to get them...and make them up!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy every day with you lovely dog.
    All of these styles are wonderful, and as I seem to have almost as much sports clothing in my wardrobe as other stuff probably likely to be made. I love having something new and special for a workout - it makes it feel good to get out and do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the key to a great workout is having new clothes to wear ;) Wish it was that simple :)

      Delete
  4. Rhonda, I believe the bag is similar (not to say exactly the same) as the famous LaRue bag which became famous in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada". HotPatterns used to have a pattern for this bag, but I think it's not available anymore. I have it in pdf, if you're interested ;). (you know how to reach me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm probably not up to making any of the jackets but I would like some athletic wear bottoms in my wardrobe. Those McCalls and Kwik Sew patterns are on my list also. They're easier also because they don't always require the coordinated zippers and findings that really fun athletic wear includes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was struck by the colour blocked knee length sweat pants. Great lines and so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Loved them the moment I saw the picture :)

      Delete