f

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone!! I'm back, a little worse for wear, but I'm back :) I'll do another post a little later on my experiences at the American Sewing Expo, but since I had already downloaded all of the pictures for this post, so I thought I would go ahead start the day with it. 
I cannot remember how I came across this book. If my memory serves me right, the book was sent to me. I have never purchased an Armani outfit, books like this are usually sent to customers, so beats me why they sent one to me!! Anyway, it's is lovely. The catalog is inside a case and even has a dust jacket. Incredible. This is from their fall/winter 1990/91 collection. As I went through the catalog, I found it interesting that over 20 years later, there is nothing in this collection that I would not wear today. The shoulders are a little exaggerated, not much though and the coats are a little over sized, but I love an over sized coat. The collection is a very menswear inspired look. The photography is interesting as most of the catalog was shot in sepia tones. Hope you enjoy scrolling through the pictures as much as I enjoyed downloading them for you!











Love the hat pictured below as well as the skirt and the jacket.


Check out the interesting closure on the coat.














Beautiful classic styles.
Wishing you all a week full of abundance!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

18 comments:

  1. I was an employee then. Those clothes were amazing, and so beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky little duck! I hope you were able to snag a piece or two for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I would like to have them all! What I really need to do is put down the laptop and get to the sewing machine! Thank you for sharing such wonderful eye candy Rhonda.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, I would like to have them all! What I really need to do is put down the laptop and get to the sewing machine! Thank you for sharing such wonderful eye candy Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Just think about all those who are not as lucky as we are to be able to "go to the machine" and make something beautiful. When I think about it in that context, I really do feel so very lucky :)

      Delete
  4. This is my favorite Monday Inspiration so far! Yes, any of these outfits could be worn today. The character of Claire on House of Cards has an enviable wardrobe, and Armani is just one of the designers that Robin Wright gets to wear. Classic, understated and sexy. Maybe in my next life!!
    Nice to see you Saturday, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen the show, "House of Cards." what station does it aire on? It was great to see you as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for a meet up at The Grind for coffee, tea and talk! The Grind is on Lincoln Ave. just north of Wilson. It's a funky and fun little coffee, sandwich shop.

      Delete
    2. House of Cards airs on NetFlix......http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/house-cards-costume-designer-tom-561231
      I'm looking forward to a meetup and The Grind would be perfect :-) I'll let you know when I make my next trip to Chicago.

      Delete
    3. Okay now I understand, I don't get NetFlix, oh well.
      Looking forward to whenever you get to Chicago :)

      Delete
    4. I think House of Cards (US version) is now available on DVD too. We just started watching it, and wow, those people are something else. Robin Wright looks fantastic as does her wardrobe, regardless of the coldness of her heart. :-)

      Delete
    5. Thanks for the info Meredithp. I'm intrigued. I'm going to have to find a copy just to check out the wardrobe :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, Rhonda, how excruciatingly gorgeous! I'm tempted to pin every one of them. That man is a genius! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pictures Margy. There are very few designers who can truly create style.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! You can almost reach out and touch them. Those textures are stunning! They just don't make them like they used to. But the styles are still so relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting look back. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love all of these designs as well. I am a closet 80's/early 90's fan (minus the shoulder pads), and these designs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always dreamed of dripping in Armani...timeless elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So chic and elegant and glamorous. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete