f

Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

For those of you who live in the United States, Happy Labor Day! For me, this day marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall. I do love fall, hot cider, pumpkins, the changing colors of leaves, such a beautiful time of the year. For those of you who do not live in the United States, hey it's Monday, the start of another new week and that's reason enough to do something a special today!
Continuing with the Ungaro books, this is the Spring 1989 fabric and style catalog. The shoulders are still quite exaggerated, the pants very voluminous, and the waist cinched. I love the illustrations as well as the way in which the fabrics were paired. I didn't include all of the fabric samples, just those that I thought were especially pretty. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do.






 I really like the combination of the red jacket and the green belt.









 I thought that the fabric pairing used for the above piece was rather interesting.
I just had to include the picture below. This is just as it is in the catalog. Cute.



 The piece below is my favorite of all.

Pretty, frilly and yet rather powerful styles.
Wishing you all the most fabulous week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'll have 4 yards of that green/white/black plaid, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too wish that many of these fabrics were still available, such a pity :(

      Delete
  2. Your Monday inspiration posts are always on a Tuesday for me :) Hope you are enjoying your Labor Day celebrations. Spring has definitely sprung here in Melbourne. Birds are singing, trees are blooming and the light is changing. Love autumn too but spring is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved Ungaro, and oh, how, I love the broad shoulders. So many of these designs I would love to copy and wear. Don't think I want the bow on my fanny, though!!

    ReplyDelete