f

Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

As I'm sure you have already figured out, I have a lot of fashion books. I am truly enjoying sharing them with you as it gives me a chance to go through and enjoy the treasures between the pages. Today's book is a small one.
There are a number of designers that this company has showcased in a rather short version. I was lucky enough to pick up my copy on a sale table. What a great little find it has been as I refer to it quite often. I'm only sharing a few of the designs featured in this book, so if you think that you might like to have a copy of your own, you can find a link to the book here on Amazon. Valentino's style is iconic and his career has stretched over a 50 year period.
Animal prints are among Valentino's favorites and he often used them in his designs during the 1960s.
 A suit from his Shadow collection, 1979-1980.

A cape worn by Audrey Hepburn in triple layers of black silk organza. 1969-1970.
The Flower. Another cape in triple layers of silk organza cut in the shape of rose petals.
 Inspired by the geometrical drawings of Weiner Werkstatte. Spring, 1996.
 Inspired by the work of Josef Hoffman. Fall/Winter 1989-90.
The book features a number of Valentino's drawings. Once again, the Hoffman influence. Such an incredible evening coat.

 An evening at the opera designed by Valentino in 1953, but the dress was not made until 1991.

A few of his red dresses. Valentino believes red to be a fascinating color, the color of life, blood and death, passion and love, the ultimate cure for sadness.
Hmmm, I think I will try and wear a little red this week!
As always, wishing you a wonderful week.
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I saw the Valentino expo in London last year and it was fantastic a real treat - what a great find getting this book off a sale table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!! That must have been a wonderdul exhibit.

      Delete
  2. Oh, if only one could live in evening gowns alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be lovely! That coat though could be easily adapted to day wear.

      Delete
  3. Stunning! I would settle to live in one of those suits. Really I would. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete